Are you ready to support urban youth, the environment and community development all at once? Great! Click a link to jump to information about these ways you can help:
Support Our Work Now
This is quick! Just click here to make a tax-deductible donation. And remember, you can increase your impact if your company matches donations.
- $1,000 covers a summer internship stipend for a student to gain a life-changing work experience.
- $500 will cover the water quality curriculum materials for the fall ECOS semester.
- $350 covers a years worth of metro bus passes to help students get to class.
- $250 pays for a field trip bus so our students can ride on the Missouri River, or visit the water treatment plant.
- $100 provides a full meal for twenty students.
- $50 covers the cost of new environmental videos and science lab materials.
- $25 covers the classroom supplies for a year of learning – notebooks, pens, pencils, markers.
Support Our Work with In-Kind Contributions
Program supplies – We need a smartphone microphone, a microphone and video camera to use with an office computer, and some working microscopes for our classrooms. Of course our preference is used!
We can also accept gifts of stock, auction items, and restaurant gift cards for student meals.
Support Our Work in the Future
A number of our supporters have designated Green Works for a planned gift through a charitable bequest or beneficiary designation. These gifts ensure that Green Works continues to be a strong and effective advocate for our urban youth. Please consider this investment in our youth, our city and our environment! Learn More.
Get Your Company Involved
Over the years a number of businesses have asked Green Works to partner with them in providing a required component of a project proposal. We have designed curriculum, provided community education programs and involved urban youth in service projects. The work provides additional funding for our organization, and increases our visibility in the community. If your company is looking for a partner to provide these types of services, please keep us in mind! In addition, you can help us connect to your colleagues. Here are some ideas for getting started:
- Ask colleagues to sign up for our newsletter, connect to us on social media and volunteer.
- Help us with marketing – display our brochure in your lobby and employee lounge; include a link to our website from yours; include an article about Green Works in your marketing material.
- Help us raise money – donate an auction item for our yearly event, and encourage your employees to attend. Consider Green Works for a contribution connected to an employee promotion like a denim day. Encourage employees to donate and encourage your company to match the donations.
- Help us spread the word – Invite a Green Works board member to speak at an employee gathering.
- If your company works in the environmental field or represents a high-growth industry, contact Kate to discuss opportunities for field trips, job shadowing or internships for students.
- Support our urban youth and economic development by supporting the Kansas City Public School System, taking the time to vote in the school board election and mentoring urban youth. Read more.
- Support your company’s United Way campaign with a gift to the UW Community Fund, which benefits more than 100 area organizations, including Green Works. UW donors also have an option to designate all or part of their gift to a specific organization, or one of UW’s impact areas.