A letter from Executive Director Kate Corwin
We teach our students about resiliency and grit and we practice what we teach. Our programs are designed for low teacher-to-student ratios, lots of hands-on activities and one-on-one instruction with mentors. But with COVID-19 all that changed. To continue to support our students and their families, we have:
- Transitioned Excelerate, our workforce leadership program, to Zoom sessions. And our instructor is offering additional 1:1 sessions with students.
- Engaged volunteers reviewing resumes, writing notes of encouragement and filming mentor minute videos for our Zoom class.
- Re-imagined how we can offer summer work experiences for students.
- Connected families in need to board members who are providing groceries.
- Shared nature-based activities with our families and on social media.
Because of your support, we remain a crucial lifeline for our students at this challenging time. Thanks for going through this with us!